Friday, July 29, 2011

Swimwear for the Butch

What better way to beat the dog days of summer than to hit the beach or chill out, pool side.  Now, I know it is hard for us butchies to find the perfect swimwear.  You don't want to walk around in men's swim trunks and a t shirt nor do you want to wear a skimpy bikini.

Actually, I, on the other hand, love to show off my ASSets so I do occasionally wear a skimpy bikini. Time is our enemy and I can't let this sporty body go to waste.  BUT, I do like to add some boyish qualities to my swimwear when I'm not in the water or tanning.  An easy way to do this is to throw on a pair of women's swim trunks. Swim trunks and a bikini top. Did someone say hot surfer chick look? Bom Chicka Wah Wah.

For those of you who like a little more cover-up, match the swim trunks with a cute tankini top. Here are some ideas:
 Where to find these items?
Tops: I see tankinis everywhere now but if you're going for something sportier looking, try the athletic shops; Nike, Adidas, Reebok, etc. A sports bra with the board shorts would be a good look as well.
Swim Shorts: PacSun has a great selection for girls. Look for the surfer brands, Volcom, Oakley, Billabong etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment