Friday, June 24, 2011

Pride is in the Air - Time to Travel


Happy Pride!  I am packed and ready to hit up Chi-town.  This will be my second year attending Chicago Pride. I had a blast last year so my expectations are high.  Don't disappoint me Chicago.  Anyway, as I was packing, I thought a little session on packing 101 seemed appropriate. 

I like to look my best when traveling to another city because most likely your first impression will be your last impression and I want mine to sizzle in like branding a cow's ass.  Making an impression doesn't have to be difficult, you just have to choose your outfits wisely.  I decided to compile a list of the essential items I always bring with me.   


                1. Jeans - a dark pair to go out and a casual pair for the day
                2. V-neck white and black Ts.  (I like to show skin, so v-necks all the way)
                3. A tie - remember "burst of color"
                4. A button down shirt
                5. Blazer
                6. Pair of black canvas sneakers - comfortable and appropriate for the nightlife.
                7. A sparkly necklace - (A sparkle catches a girl's eye like moths to a flame)
                8. A pair of superstar shades 

Sounds boring? If you really think about it, I can create 10 outfits from just using the items above. It's all about accessorizing a simple outfit, hence the tie and necklace, but throw in other accessories you see fit.  Versatile items let you look good in the day and prepared to party at night.  Which brings me to Golden Rule #2, always be PTP (Prepared to Party)

No comments:

Post a Comment